- To obtain the best for each child in Prince Edward Island.
- To promote the welfare of all children and youth in this province.
- To foster cooperation between parents and teachers, so that every Island child, may grow to their full potential.
- To give parents an understanding of the school and it's administration.
- To be informed, constructive partners with educators.
- To promote high standards of well being in each child's life.
- To promote the care and protection of children and youth.
- To promote affiliations with any organizations which concern themselves with the care and development of children and youth, in the home, school and community
- To obtain the best for each child according to his or her physical, mental, social and spiritual needs.
- To foster high ideals of citizenship and to promote through educational means, international goodwill and peace
The Prince Edward Island Home and School Federation Inc. exists to promote the total well-being of children and the highest standards of education for each child in the province. The Federation works in partnership with other organizations who foster this ideal. The Federation encourages and whenever possible assists in the development of policies related particularly to quality education for each child and generally to the total well-being of children in Prince Edward Island.